Monday, December 18, 2006

Scout Testimony by Daniel

MY CUB SCOUT LIFE IN TPS

In my 4 years of Scouting in Temasek, every single meeting was meaningful and worth looking forward to. The Scoutmasters were great and all the members could get along quite well with one another. Without the devoted teachers and members, there won’t be the great times I had in the school as well as in the Scout unit.

Many times we had to face challenges and we will remember the most important Scout Law that my Scoutmasters had thought us, A Scout Has Courage In All Difficulties. We stuck to this law and reminded ourselves to have the courage to try out new things and things we were not able to do so well. Through the many scout meetings we had, we learnt more about what it takes to be a good Scout and a good person.

When I did this reflection, I reflected on the good and bad times I had throughout the 4 years. They were all great memories and experiences to be remembered. From the great and bad experiences I learnt that we must take every lesson learnt seriously and bring it into our daily lives and not to be forgotten over a short period of time.

Through the 4 years I had in Scouts, I managed to make lots of new friends from different classes and different backgrounds. Mr Sung was our Scoutmaster for two and a half years and then Mr Lee took over the Scout unit.

We took part in outside activities like The Amazing Race in the Singapore Zoological Gardens with the St. Andrew's Scout unit, Bedok District Activity Day at Fengshan Primary and the National Cub Scouts Camporee in Sarimbun Scout Camp. These activities we took part in were very meaningful and helped us a lot in developing character values in ourselves.

With the trips and activities comes friends too. In this Scout unit, I made lots of pals and they all helped put the little bit of humour into every Scout meeting that made each meeting more interesting. The friends I made in the unit made every single moment of the meetings worth looking forward to. I didn’t regret joining Scouts at all because we learn lots of new things, made lots of friends, and most of all made the school life a whole lot better. Being a Sixer was a great pleasure and that gave me opportunities to learn more through exposure in the areas and it gave me the knowledge in the different areas.

Camps and campfires are a part that I look forward to when I first join Scouts and I still do now. They make Scouting special and memorable for everyone. The only regret I have is that we didn’t have many real campfires and camps in the four years or scouting. But with so many great memories all this regret is nothing. This year's scout unit is not really big and I hope that there will be more people who will be joining the unit not just to have fun, make friends but also to learn more that can help you in different areas in your life.

When I was asked to do a camp in June next year, I gladly accepted because it’ll be cool to meet new people and make the newer members enjoy Scouting in their primary school life. With enjoyment in Scouting, there will surely be more new members and I hope that the unit will grow bigger and better in the years to come.

All that I’ve gone through in those four years made me a better Scout and I really enjoyed all the meetings from the cycling trip at East Coast Park to getting lost in Macritchie Reservoir and finding our way out again. To all those who read this: Be Prepared.

In all that you do, be prepared and be ready for everything you may encounter. Good luck to all of you and I hope to be able to see you Scouting soon.

Daniel Lim Ying Hao
Senior Sixer
6A (2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home