Sunday, December 10, 2006

Post-Camp Reflection

One thing that I didn't tell you is that it is good to do some reflection after every Camp. What did you learn? What did you do well? What could you have done better? I believe these questions were posed by the Camp Commandant during his closing ceremony speech. They are actually quite standard post-Camp reflection questions.

Most of you probably didn't do a proper reflection. But if you had felt a strange feeling of emptiness the day after the Camp, that means the Camporee had made an impact on you. You might miss your Group members, the station activities, the pre-meal "Tick Tock", even the stinky field toilets! If you had these feelings, then I congratulate you. Because this shows that you enjoyed and treasure the whole Camporee experience.

But of course, if you were super relieved to be back home to your comfortable bed, TV, proper toilet, aircon, Maple, then I really have nothing to say..

My own personal reflection - I enjoyed the Camporee very much. Even though my group members were young and inexperienced, they were very teachable. No spoilt brats or crybabies. All of them were willing to learn and try new things. Noel made me very proud by successfully scaling the difficult rockwall. He may not be as smart as his brother but he has tremendous courage and determination. Same for Sean who tried his best in all the physical challenges. I also had the pleasure of knowing Justin, a P5 Sixer from Princess Elizabeth Primary (PEPSI!) with the most potential in a Cub Scout that I have ever met. He is like our Daniel and Feng Yuan combined together and he's only P5! I nearly kidnapped him back to our school!

I can see through the cheers that some of you (such as Daniel and Christian) really connected with your groups. I hope you took down your group members' contacts (telephone number, MSN, address, etc). Do keep in touch with them. Send them a Christmas card. Hope that you see them again in future Scout camps. Daniel once wrote on the tagboard that all Scouts are our friends. That's right! In fact, all Scouts are brothers. Oh, yes, even the crybabies..

To end off, do be appreciative of the efforts of people who made this Camporee happen - the Scouts, Ventures, Sub-Camp Chiefs, Camp Commandant, Camp Counsellors, Squirrel and Sparrow and many many others. For our unit, we have to thank LTT for subsidising $70 of the $80 camp fee (some schools required their boys to pay the full $80 on their own!) You should also thank your parents for allowing you to go. And of course, one last person you should thank. I leave you to figure out who he is. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home